Saturday, August 27, 2016

Terrain: Mausoleum

Since I needed the mausoleum done for today's game, I decided to just knock it out. It isn't my best paint job, but it got the job done, and I'm happy with it.

When last I showed it off, I'd just primed it a mid-tone grey.


Too much of the original color was seeping through, so I gave it a coat of black, followed by dark blue over the main structure. The upper panels and framework around the doors just went right back to grey.



You can see my brushwork wasn't anything even approaching tidy.

After that it was a series of successively lighter dry brushing of mid-grey then light grey.


Unfortunately at this point, pretty close to done, that it just looked like a grey brick. So I decided to add some color.. and because why not, I decided that each side gets one color!

The Yellow Mythos side...

The Silly Red side...

Purple Death side...

And the...I don't even know. It's just the green side. Don't ask.

Oh, and the roof!

I'm really pleased with the roof.

We'll see how it looks on the table! 

1 comment:

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.