Sunday, January 1, 2017

Janus: 2017 edition

With your indulgence, I'm going to do a bit of looking back at 2016, and looking forward to 2017.

Looking back, these were my goals for the past year and how I did on them:

  • Finish hiking the Pennsylvania section of the Appalachian Trail (late April/early May) I actually did less hiking in 2016 than I've done in many years. Need to do better.
  • Match the post count of 2015 (at least) About 60 fewer posts than 2015, and my worst full year of posts since starting the blog. 
  • Finish the Dragons Don't Share set (January) Finished, though not in January. And I got a bronze for it at ReaperCon.
  • Finish the $25 Frostgrave Terrain Challenge I still have some stuff to build, and some supplies to build with, but I'm gonna count this as a win.
  • Play a full Frostgrave campaign. Total Success! 
  • Run Stonehell using a classic D&D type rules set (Maybe Wednesdays??) Total Success! 
  • Paint 1 mini per week/52 minis over the year While I didn't paint 52 miniatures this year, I probably came pretty close, and given the time I spent on DDS2 and the terrain, I'm gonna make this as a partial success. 
  • Continue my Friday night game (currently Star Wars) Total Success! 
  • Begin building my Hirst Arts Dungeon!! Never even started it. The Frostgrave stuff really took over!


All in all not bad. I'm really happy with how much gaming I've managed to do, and how much terrain I've built. As for the blog... Well, it could use a little more love.

The rest of the year was an odd bag. Personally things were fantastic. Traveled a lot, mostly to the Big Apple, spent a lot of time with my friends and loved ones, and the big event: I got married!

On the other hand, we lost a lot of celebrities, and I'm not even going to go into the political mess that was the presidential election...  For these reasons, I'm happy to see 2016 dead and gone.

As for 2017? Well, similar to 2016 goal-wise.

  • Paint more minis (1 a week would be great!)
  • Wrap up the Frostgrave terrain challenge. 
  • Play more D&D and Frostgrave
  • Get session reports written up faster and posted! 
  • Hike more
  • Go to ReaperCon again, and get a silver

Here's to a happy and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.