Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Who You Gonna Call? Part 1

The Paranormal Investigators of course!

These fantastic minis from Crooked Dice were pulled out to work on shortly after ReaperCon and right before Halloween. They’re great sculpts with a minimum of flash or mold lines that need dealing with. I'll be sticking pretty closely to the paint scheme chosen by Crooked Dice, since it just feels right.



I also got the potato ghost, but that’s one big hunk of metal that may end up on next year’s melt table rather than as something I paint up. In addition to being a large lump of metal, there’s also no pre-drilled hole for the flight stand. He’s more useful to me as scrap. I’ve got other ghosts.

After cleaning up the exterminators, I primed them with Reaper’s Brush-On-Primer mixed with a drop or two of flow improver. This was my first time thinning the primer, and I’m not sure I’ll do it again in the future.



For the base coat of the jump suits I used Desert Stone with just a tiny bit of Brown Liner to darken it up a shade. The various bits of equipment, gloves, and boots were all painted black.



The straps for the backpack and elbow pads were painted with Olive Grey, and the elbow pads were then given a coat of Rainy Grey. Egon, Venkman, and Stance’s skin was painted with Tanned Flesh and washed with flesh wash. Their hair is Nut Brown. Winston has Nut Brown for his skin and Brown Liner for his hair.

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.